Connecting with Industry in the Bioeconomy, 13th & 14th January 2020
Date: Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th January 2020
This event is designed for Early Career & Post Doctoral Researchers at THYME partner universities who wish to collaborate with industrial partners in the bioeconomy. The structure of the course will be practical, interactive and workshop led.
Attendees may be within a range of academic disciplines and with a common interest of working with industrial partners within the bioeconomy.
It will be supported with presentations from industrial professionals, academics with a track record of successful collaborations within the sector and business development and professional staff from Hull, York and Teesside Universities. Each delegate will be encouraged to generate their own value proposition, practice how to communicate research in a non-academic environment and learn how to network to establish useful partners, including using social media.
This course is free to register and accommodation costs will be covered. Places are limited and available by application.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 19th December 2019.
· Strategically aligning academic research and identifying your value proposition for the bioeconomy
· Communicating research in a non-academic environment
· Networking to establish useful partners
· Maximising LinkedIn to raise your academic profile
· Understanding the challenges in accessing the bioeconomy
· Creating a good practice guide for collaborating with industrial partners